Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't Re-Train ESRI Model

Jump to solution
05-22-2024 02:21 PM
Labels (3)
rescobar
Occasional Contributor

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to retrain this model: Land Cover Classification (Aerial Imagery) - Overview (arcgis.com)

I run label features for deep learning and then export training data for deep learning.

Params.PNG

I then run train deep learning model, but get this error:

Exception: Could not infer dataset type. Please specify a supported dataset type or ensure that the path contains valid exported training data from ArcGIS.

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'data_bunch' referenced before assignment

Deep_learning_Train.PNG

Is there a key parameter I'm missing?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
rescobar
Occasional Contributor

I was able to retrain the model by the following:

My raster had 4 bands, the model required 3, so I extracted the bands with the "make raster" tool.

I then classified the raster with the "label objects for deep learning" tool. I used this interface to save the training data to a GDB; this creates all the fields needed. I wasn't able to create a training data any other way. If there are fewer classes than what are required by the model, then this will cause an error later. The classes in the schema must also be numbered and named to match the classes specified in the model's emd.

With this feature class and my raster I ran "Export Training Data for Deep Learning". The resulting training data then worked for the "train deep learning model tool".