Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't add Landsat 9 to Raster Mosaic

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
AhmedWagih
New Contributor II

Hello, I downloaded Landsat 9 & 8 images off Earthexplorer, and tried to add them to a Raster Mosaic Dataset that I created using the Landsat 9 as Raster Type, and the projection system used by the images, however, I get the following message:

2024-05-29T20:45:18.888: Error: 8004818c: No new mosaic dataset item was added.

Without any further explanation. I tried even to load one single image, and got the same message. The images are being read properly into ArcGIS Pro 3.3 using their MTL file.

Any clues?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

When you add the Landsat Scene to Pro, what Raster Products are available?  Be sure when choosing the Landsat 9 image, you have selected one of the Raster Products that are within the scene. 

JeffreySwain_0-1717005476759.png

Expand the Raster Properties when adding the raster. 

JeffreySwain_1-1717005558251.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Earth Explorer usually downloads images in TIF format, can you make sure that the raster(s) is in tif format? 

Question | Analyze | Visualize

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

When you add the Landsat Scene to Pro, what Raster Products are available?  Be sure when choosing the Landsat 9 image, you have selected one of the Raster Products that are within the scene. 

JeffreySwain_0-1717005476759.png

Expand the Raster Properties when adding the raster. 

JeffreySwain_1-1717005558251.png

0 Kudos
AhmedWagih
New Contributor II

Thanks Jeff for taking the time to reply (sorry for my late reply). I believe you're right, the second time when I used "Multiband" as a Processing Template, it did add some of the images (although not all, but that's probably due to an extent that I have set for my analysis). 

0 Kudos
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Earth Explorer usually downloads images in TIF format, can you make sure that the raster(s) is in tif format? 

Question | Analyze | Visualize
AhmedWagih
New Contributor II

Thanks Ed for taking the time to reply. I did download the images in TIFF format.

0 Kudos