Why will a web map display in our Open Data website, but not a web map application?

Jump to solution
07-16-2015 02:00 PM
ChayaBalsiger
Occasional Contributor

We have two web maps and one web map application that we created.  The two web maps are listed on our open data website, but the web map application does not.  The web map application is made public and is shared with the open data group.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chaya, I just read this from the Esri Open Data Help and it appears Open Data only supports a limited number of file formats. It doesn't specifically say that Web Apps are not supported but it also doesn't say that they are supported. I'm thinking they are not supported since the list of support file formats is so small. Hope this helps and good luck!

The following data types are supported in ArcGIS Open Data:

• Hosted feature services
  • ArcGIS for Server feature services
  • ArcGIS for Server map services
  • Image services
  • CSVs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chaya, I just read this from the Esri Open Data Help and it appears Open Data only supports a limited number of file formats. It doesn't specifically say that Web Apps are not supported but it also doesn't say that they are supported. I'm thinking they are not supported since the list of support file formats is so small. Hope this helps and good luck!

The following data types are supported in ArcGIS Open Data:

• Hosted feature services
  • ArcGIS for Server feature services
  • ArcGIS for Server map services
  • Image services
  • CSVs
0 Kudos