Why don't any of my AGOL/Open Data Update Dates match?
This a pretty extreme case, but it is almost always the case that that date doesn't match any of my other inputs.
Thank you for your quick response, Patrick! I changed the date to 2002-01-02 and now it says "Last Updated: January 1, 2002, as expected with that bug. I also tried 2002-01, and that comes up with a date of December 31st, 2001, which is still better than 1969! I'll use 2002-01-02 though for now to get the 1st day in January.
I would suggest maybe taking the year out of the date format "samples" that are underneath the metadata text box because it implies that just entering the year is a valid entry:
(yyyy or yyyy-mm or yyyy-mm-dd or yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss.sss[+-]hh:mm)
I'll check out my other layers and make sure there are more complete dates in them.
It would be nice if there was an option to configure the 'Updated Date' to specifically look at the last edited date in the attribute table.
Otherwise its misleading, because that date refers to when the details of the AGO item was updated, and not when the actual content of the data itself was edited.