Update dataset attributes

Jump to solution
04-28-2016 10:00 AM
ShuakeWuzhati
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am new to ArcGIS Open Data and will greatly appreciate any help!

I wanted to put explanatory text for each field in the Dataset Attributes table in the Details page. For example, I wanted to put "Location of zip cars in the region" in the blank cell for field "Location", as shown in the image below. How can I do that?

Look forward to any help!

Thanks!

1.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shuake,

At this time it's not possible to edit the Dataset Attributes table - it automatically displays the summary statistics for the attribute, if available. We are working to build an improved administrative experience that will include the ability to edit attribute descriptions and have them included on the Dataset Details page.  We agree that it's very valuable information for providing context to your users.

Thanks,

Courtney

cc Timothy Hales

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ShuakeWuzhati
New Contributor II

Would really appreciate any help!Courtney ClaessensMarkus RasmussonAaron FalkTimothy HalesChristina Sullivan

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I am following up to see if I can get someone to take a look at your questions. Thanks!

CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shuake,

At this time it's not possible to edit the Dataset Attributes table - it automatically displays the summary statistics for the attribute, if available. We are working to build an improved administrative experience that will include the ability to edit attribute descriptions and have them included on the Dataset Details page.  We agree that it's very valuable information for providing context to your users.

Thanks,

Courtney

cc Timothy Hales

ShuakeWuzhati
New Contributor II

Thank you both for your answers! Look forward to the improved version!

Shuake

0 Kudos