Trying to break data into different groups (Bondarys, transport, etc.)

06-12-2017 12:16 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

But only data in the first group I created is exposed to Open Data.  New group is marked "Designate as available for use in Open Data sites" and public.  I can't see anything diferent between the group that does expose data, and those that don't.  Is it not possible to have multiple groups???

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Doug, 

You're able to have as many groups as you like. Can you please post the URLs to both groups here and we can look into it? 

Thanks-

Courtney

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Courtney,

I thought you could have as many as you want to organize things.

http://summitcountyco.maps.arcgis.com/home/group.html?id=98eb504b240b44c3b83fa1be8a81e5f6

http://summitcountyco.maps.arcgis.com/home/group.html?id=04af554a674e4f7a8e036fe2ae0b5c6f

It's the second one I'm not seeing.

This is the first site I've ever worked on.

Thanks

Doug

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Doug, 

Thanks for the links. I was able to view both of them in my open data groups manager: 

and I saw the data show up on my site. 

If you're not able to do this, can you please send a screenshot of what your Groups Manager looks like? 

Courtney 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Courtney. I think this is what you want. I also include the two groups screen shots – boundaries and Transportation. I’ll be leaving the office for the day shortly

Thanks again

Doug

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Once you've created your groups in ArcGIS Online you need to add them to your Open Data site over at ArcGIS Open Data Administration for the datasets to appear on your site. Have you done this step? 

Courtney 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go to the ArcGIS Open Data Admin site and choose the data tab, only the BBB (Boundary) data is found. The RRR data is not there to add to the site. If I share the RRR data with the Boundary group it will show up and is available.

There must be something wrong with my Transportation group, but I can’t find it. Looking side by side at the Boundary Group and the Transportation group they are the same.

I’m going to delete the Transportation group and re-create it.

Doug

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found the problem. Had not added the group to the site under groups manager in ArcGIS Open Data Admin.

Thanks

Doug

0 Kudos