Site Not Showing Changes

11-25-2019 11:29 AM
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor

We have a hub site that, despite us hitting save and reloading and trying to come at it from different browsers... in edit mode, is showing different (newer) content than what we see in the view mode.

In edit mode we restructured content. We saved it. We loaded the site on a totally different computer and opened it in edit mode. It shows the updated edits on the separate computer.

In view mode, it is showing a site from a few days ago.

If we are in edit mode, and we hit view, it flips over to showing the old site.

The site is public. I tried flipping it to private then public again. Did not make a difference.

So...

What?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

What kind of versioning are you using?

Sounds like branch versioning. You may need to address your versioning.

0 Kudos
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor

I have no idea how you event control versioning in Hub? I didn't know that was an option in Hub.

0 Kudos
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor

Graham Hudgins‌ - any thoughts?

0 Kudos
SydneyBohn
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas Floersch‌!
You may want to open up a case with Support if you're still seeing this issue, they should be able to help you dig into this further. If you do log a case, I'd suggest including the site URL (since you mentioned it's public) and some screenshots of what you see in the edit view vs. the live view so Support has a general idea of what to look for.

Regards,

Sydney
Esri Support Services

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the frustrating bug. Typically when issues like you're describing come up it's a sign that the site has become corrupted. My recommendation would be to clone the site and see if the same issues persist on the new site. If you can save on the new site then the best thing would be to archive the old site (by renaming it something like "My site - old") and update the new site to match the old site's domain.

Hope that helps,

Patrick

0 Kudos
AileenProfir
New Contributor III

We are having a similar issue with our Hub site, any clues as to what makes a site go corrupt?  Seems a bit strange that two sites corrupt themselves within a day of each other.

0 Kudos
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor

Yeah - given that we haven't been doing anything unusual with the site, a site going corrupt is a bit concerning. Also, there is not exactly an official workflow for backing-up sites. I think it can be done with the AGO Assistant tool, but that isn't a formal Esri workflow.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nick + Aileen,

Unfortunately, since all Hub content is tied to potentially multiple items and groups in ArcGIS Online, there are many potential causes for site corruption. We definitely hear your concern about site corruption and are working to reduce the issue, but in the meantime cloning your site (or "backing up" as Nick puts it) is the most straightforward way to proceed. You can clone a site by clicking the overflow menu in the upper right of the site editor and clicking "Clone Layout":

This will make a fresh copy of your site that you can then rename to match your old site's domain.

Again, I'm sorry you're having issues with site saving and we're doing what we can to reduce occurrences such as these.

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

another idea is to change the site momentarily to private and then back to public

0 Kudos