Raster Conversion

12-24-2019 03:49 AM
GeorgiosTziatzios
New Contributor

Hello, I would like to convert TIFF images to GRID format and Long raster data type format. Until now, I have tried export raster to different format from arc catalogue, raster to other formats from arc toolbox , but neither of them works. I welcome suggestions. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

have you tried the CopyRaster geoprocessing tool?

0 Kudos
GeorgiosTziatzios
New Contributor

thank you very much for your reply.  I tried copy raster tool. The images are converted to grid format but with an 8 bit pixel depth  and not 32 bit signed which is the desired.  At this point,  I would like to mention that I have rasters in the desired format and resolution to a geodatabase but I cannot transfer to a folder via copy paste. Once again, thank you very much for your reply.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

in Copy Raster, what options did you specify for the various relevant parameters?

CopyRaster(in_raster, out_rasterdataset, {nodata_value},{pixel_type}, {scale_pixel_value}, {format})
out_rasterdataset  (folder plus compliant path and file name)
nodata_value :  any?
pixel_type  : 32_BIT_SIGNED was specified?
scale_pixel_value  :  did you specify None or ScalePixelValue 
format  :  GRID —Esri Grid format  (needs a folder as output plus the grid name 10 characters or less)
0 Kudos
GeorgiosTziatzios
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your response. In output raster dataset I change the default geodatabase where the file is located and declare my own folder to C. In the pixel type I choose 32 bit signed. As for as the GRID format is concerned, I read that if you do not give the raster an extension then the raster is saved in GRID format. Scale pixel value option is not activated. Thank you in advance

P.S About the no data value option the default number is 2147483647 with the same result GRID format with 8 bit depth. At this point,  I would like to mention that I have rasters in the desired format and resolution to a geodatabase but I cannot transfer to a folder via copy paste. Once again, thank you very much for your reply. 

0 Kudos