Problems rendering the map at the /explore endpoint

06-07-2021 05:22 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Hello. We have problems with the map rendering for many of our AGOL feature layers. Generally speaking, the map is zoomed out to the 'world' extent and no data are drawn, regardless of the extent of the map.

We've noticed that the problem seems to be specific to the date when the feature layer was first created in AGOL. The majority of our layers were created in the Sep/Oct 2020 time frame. None of those layers has the map drawn correctly at the /explore endpoint. However, layers that we created/published in the May 2021 timeframe do have the maps drawn correctly. We've tested this theory on about 5 of our layers and the results are consistent. The "old" layer does not have the correct map. We published a new version of the feature layer - same data, same everything, except for the creation date - that works as expected.

We could simply re-publish every layer, but the problem is we have about 100 layers and we don't want to go thru the re-publishing processes 100 times. 

Is there something we can do other than republish the feature layers?

OLD

hub-rail-stations-old.PNG

NEW (everything is the same as 'OLD' except when it was published)

hub-rail-stations-new.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We recently made an update that should have resolved this issue for the majority of cases, but my hunch is that there are still going to be some examples of unexpected behavior. Are you still observing extent issues for some of your datasets? 

Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, we are having the same issues. We've been working with Esri Tech Support on the issue as well (case #02824493). It seems that we are narrowing the issue, however. The problem seems to be associated with services published via the python API and with a spatial reference other than 4326.  I know is sounds kinda quirky, but those are the constants that we've noticed for the services that don't behave well.  Not sure what role either of those variables plays...... let me know if you have any suggestions for us to try out.

0 Kudos