Open modal on page load

Jump to solution
02-20-2018 08:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see via the changelog you've added modal support through bootstrap.

Is there a way to open a modal on page load, instead of by button click? The internet seems to agree the only way to do this is through javascript or jquery.

I don't have any use for a modal click-popup window (at this time), but I could have used one for on-page-load. But it's not something I need. Just thought I'd see if it would add any value.

thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately you cannot do this on page load (we must have tried the same sites). This feature is on our backlog as we have a customer requesting it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately you cannot do this on page load (we must have tried the same sites). This feature is on our backlog as we have a customer requesting it. 

PatKeegan
Occasional Contributor

We also have a need for this on page load. Want to have terms and conditions OK'd.

Any advice on how to approach this?

I am thinking there might be a way to do this with an iframe.

Thanks

-Pat

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pat,

That's exactly what I envisioned using an onload-modal for. However, I'm concerned that it would pop up everytime someone goes back to the main page. I dont know if the available hooks (cookies, javascript, etc) are available to only have the modal open once per session.

0 Kudos
VanessaPocock
New Contributor III

Hi Graham,

I'd like to vote this up. I am also looking to add our terms as a pop-up on page load. 

Thank you,

Vanessa

0 Kudos