Open Data public site won't open

Jump to solution
02-09-2017 12:34 PM
TomCasady
New Contributor II

I have a PUBLIC open data site that will not open. If I mark it PRIVATE on the Manage Sites page in our organization, it opens fine. This has just started happening in the last day. All the sites in our organization behave the same way: select PUBLIC, they won't open; go back to PRIVATE they will. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Tom,

We have a fix for the first site that you shared. We’ll be rolling it out to production today. I’ll let you know as soon as that happens. I’ll have our team take a look at the other sites and verify that they will be working as well.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
AaronBaumgarden
New Contributor III

We also are having this same issue.  The site manager warns us to upgrade to version 2.1 but we do not see this option anywhere.  Please help!

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi folks,

We are currently working on re-enabling the upgrade function. We expect that to happen shortly. Until then, please be patient until we can bring this feature back online.

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer

Open Data

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Upgrades to 2.1 have been restored, thank you for your patience! You’ll need to have Admin privileges to do the upgrade.

AaronBaumgarden
New Contributor III

Hi Daniel - I am the administrator for our organization.  I've been working with one of our web developers to build our open data site over the last couple of months.  I see that our site no longer shows up as one of our "legacy sites" in our Site Manager so I take it that means it was automatically upgraded.  However, we are still not able to open our site in a web browser, regardless of it being shared publicly or privately.  Our site is http://aims.opendata.com/.  Is there something you can "update" to make our site accessible?

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi Aaron, are you sure that's the correct url? I just took at look at the DNS record for aims.openadata.com and it does not exist.

0 Kudos
AaronBaumgarden
New Contributor III

I assume so, I copied the URL directly out of our Site Manager (see screenshot)

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Just because you've set that URL does not make it point to your site. You would need to also set a CNAME record to point to opendata.arcgis.com. There's nothing we can do from our end to make your site load at that address.

See the custom url section here: Configure your Open Data site—ArcGIS Open Data | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
AaronBaumgarden
New Contributor III

Is this something Esri changed recently?  I'm pretty sure our version 1.10 site worked just fine without us having to configure the CNAME.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

No. Custom urls to Open Data sites have never worked without a CNAME record. That's actually impossible.

0 Kudos