Open Data download issues

04-24-2015 09:52 AM
deleted-user-Np_HetqJeO36
New Contributor II

When downloading data from our open data portal as a shapefile and viewing the results in ArcMap, the datasets are empty (no records) and datasets that are polygon are shown in the table of contents as lines. The data layers on our open data portal are referencing an ESRI rest point created via ArcServer. Any idea what the issue might be?

7 Replies
JeremySchneider
Esri Contributor

Hi, Peter,

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with downloading.  In order to help diagnose this, could you supply us with the URL of your Open Data site and the URLs of some items/datasets that you've observed these problems with?  Thanks much, -Jeremy Schneider, Open Data QA

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Here is the Open Data site I am working with: Home | Michigan Department of Natural Resources

As an example, our forestry data which are polygons are downloading empty line shapefiles.

New Contributor II

The data is being served from our own ArcGIS Server. When the data is added to an AGO Map from the REST point, everything is normal. When the same data is downloaded from our open data site, the polygons become an empty line file. Everything seems to be working except the shapefile download tool on our Open Data site. Is there something in the map service settings that has an effect on this?

JeremySchneider
Esri Contributor

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for that additional information.  We are investigating your issue. 

Thanks again,

-Jeremy Schneider, Open Data QA

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Peter, have all your issues been resolved at this point?

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Not completely. Our polygon data now downloads as polygons with records, but all of our data now seems to be downloading in an incorrect projection.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Peter, sorry you are still dealing with this! I've logged a bug and brought this to our developers' attention. I'll keep you updated on progress.

Daniel Fenton

Product Engineer | Open Data

0 Kudos