Missing fields in ArcGIS Hub open data

10-04-2021 08:33 AM
AdamBranscomb2
New Contributor II

Hi ArcGIS Hub team. 

ArcGIS Hub seems to be missing some fields during its indexing/cataloging. 

The following item was published from ArcGIS Pro (data source was FGDB), with 15 records. As you can see, ArcGIS Hub shows only 5 fields, although if you navigate to the REST endpoint you will see it actually has 8  fields (plus object id)

https://adamtest5-govportal.hub.arcgis.com/datasets/govportal::adamdatatest1/about

But if I first truncate the dataset and publish without any data, then once ArcGIS Hub had indexed the data I add the same 15 records using the Append Tool in ArcGIS Pro, then all fields appear correctly, at least initially. Subsequently I updated the item and the fields disappeared again.

In the real ArcGIS Hub site there are many datasets which have this issue - missing fields. Are you able to see why ArcGIS Hub is not showing the first dataset correctly?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamBranscomb2
New Contributor II

Actually we have now noticed that it doesn't seem to be related to number of records. We see if we publish test services, initially all the attributes are shown in the Table and the View Full Details options, but if we go back after a few minutes or hours, a few attributes have disappeared from the User Interface. The download files are still correct.

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

@AdamBranscomb2 apologies for not getting to this question earlier, the ArcGIS Hub development team is planning to look into this issue soon. Thanks for raising the concern!

0 Kudos