Hub Issues

Jump to solution
02-21-2020 06:17 AM
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all, I'm having a few issues with hub i'm hoping you can help me with.

First off, what is the purpose of the HUB administration group? Right now we have core teams set up for each of our Hubs so that we can have multiple editors on each, is this the correct workflow?

A few of our hubs seem to have working dashboards displaying user activity and a few don't, what controls this? Right now many of our engagement overviews are stating "There was an error in chart generation"

Lastly, when trying to change the sharing setting on a hub it seems that only the hub owner and organization admin can change this setting, core group members can not change the sharing. Is this as intended?

Thanks!

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hub Administration Group is a legacy group that is being phased out of all new sites. Read more about this change in this blog post Making ArcGIS Hub even easier to use with Hub Overview 

The pattern you outlined is the right one where each site/initiative has its own core team

The issue you are raising with the dashboard is one we'd need to look at via support. Can you email me the links to the sites with the dashboards that aren't working? My email is ghudgins@esri.com 

Finally, yes only owners & admins can update sharing of items they do not own. This is a rule of how ArcGIS Online works. The reason for this is you may not want someone else to release something publicly that has your name on it until you're ready.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hub Administration Group is a legacy group that is being phased out of all new sites. Read more about this change in this blog post Making ArcGIS Hub even easier to use with Hub Overview 

The pattern you outlined is the right one where each site/initiative has its own core team

The issue you are raising with the dashboard is one we'd need to look at via support. Can you email me the links to the sites with the dashboards that aren't working? My email is ghudgins@esri.com 

Finally, yes only owners & admins can update sharing of items they do not own. This is a rule of how ArcGIS Online works. The reason for this is you may not want someone else to release something publicly that has your name on it until you're ready.

0 Kudos