How do remove data that is linked to hub?

01-21-2020 05:30 PM
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

I would like to remove a duplicate dataset that is linked to my Hub page. How would I go about this?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PatrickHammons1
Esri Contributor

Hi Whitney,

Happy to help resolve this issue. Is your site public? Is there a link you can share showing the duplicate dataset?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

Hi Patrick-

Here is the link to the dataset I would like removed.

Open Data Portal 

Thanks,

Whit

0 Kudos
PatrickHammons1
Esri Contributor

The page doesn't load for me and I can't access it directly via ArcGIS Online (arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ac794499522948da9084dba903513661). May I ask how you removed it from the site? Did you change the sharing or delete the item entirely?

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

It says it’s shared with the team, that is why you can’t see it. If that is case, it’s not that big of a deal, but it still would be nice to have an easier way to remove it.

0 Kudos
PatrickHammons1
Esri Contributor

Currently the only way to remove content is by unsharing the item from any group that is on your Hub site. More here: Add content to a site—ArcGIS Hub | Documentation 

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

Ok, thank you for sharing this. I am still not finding a way to "un-share" the data.

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

I was able to figure it out by removing the group. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
PatrickHammons1
Esri Contributor

Glad you figured it out! Be sure to review the share to group section here for more about how to control sharing for your items: Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

This just frustrated me as well. Patrick, some suggested changes:

1) Add something to the "Content Library" page in Hub (edit mode) that at least hints at how to remove content. I'd like to see a link added to each item that says "Remove from Hub" or "Remove from this site". When a user clicks that link, it can show a pop up with text to the effect of "To remove a data item from this content, you must launch ArcGIS Online and unshare the content with the group associated with this Hub site." Then provide a link to the AGO page where we can change the sharing.

2) You suggested that people refer to this help page: Add content to a site—ArcGIS Hub | Documentation . But I don't see where it explains how to "remove" a shared item. Also, the title of that page is "Add content to a site". It really made me think that I wasn't going to find anything on that page about removing (or even changing) content. Maybe change it to "Managing content on a site". But if you're going to do that, please make sure it explains how to remove the content.

0 Kudos