How do remove data that is linked to hub?

01-21-2020 05:30 PM
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

I would like to remove a duplicate dataset that is linked to my Hub page. How would I go about this?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Whitney,

Happy to help resolve this issue. Is your site public? Is there a link you can share showing the duplicate dataset?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

Hi Patrick-

Here is the link to the dataset I would like removed.

Open Data Portal 

Thanks,

Whit

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The page doesn't load for me and I can't access it directly via ArcGIS Online (arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ac794499522948da9084dba903513661). May I ask how you removed it from the site? Did you change the sharing or delete the item entirely?

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

It says it’s shared with the team, that is why you can’t see it. If that is case, it’s not that big of a deal, but it still would be nice to have an easier way to remove it.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently the only way to remove content is by unsharing the item from any group that is on your Hub site. More here: Add content to a site—ArcGIS Hub | Documentation 

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

Ok, thank you for sharing this. I am still not finding a way to "un-share" the data.

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

I was able to figure it out by removing the group. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad you figured it out! Be sure to review the share to group section here for more about how to control sharing for your items: Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

This just frustrated me as well. Patrick, some suggested changes:

1) Add something to the "Content Library" page in Hub (edit mode) that at least hints at how to remove content. I'd like to see a link added to each item that says "Remove from Hub" or "Remove from this site". When a user clicks that link, it can show a pop up with text to the effect of "To remove a data item from this content, you must launch ArcGIS Online and unshare the content with the group associated with this Hub site." Then provide a link to the AGO page where we can change the sharing.

2) You suggested that people refer to this help page: Add content to a site—ArcGIS Hub | Documentation . But I don't see where it explains how to "remove" a shared item. Also, the title of that page is "Add content to a site". It really made me think that I wasn't going to find anything on that page about removing (or even changing) content. Maybe change it to "Managing content on a site". But if you're going to do that, please make sure it explains how to remove the content.

0 Kudos