How do we "enable persistent layer ordering"?

Jump to solution
11-20-2015 04:47 PM
alex_friant
Occasional Contributor II

I'm publishing a map service on ArcGIS Server 10.3, and I want to follow the instructions here that say "enable persistent layer ordering" :

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/open-data/provider/server-configuration-details.htm#GUID-76720778-B304-46A2...

The problem is I don't see where in the map service properties to do that.

I searched the documentation but it appears to not be documented.

Anyone have any experience with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_friant

Somebody provided the answer for me over in Slack.

Turns out the open data documentation is a little bit misleading when it states " In ArcGIS Server 10.3, on the *service properties for the individual service*, you can enable persistent layer IDs. "

That makes it sound like the configuration option is to be found inside ArcGIS Server, somewhere inside the map service properties. But it's actually inside ArcMap, inside the Data Frame properties *before you publish* your map service.

Just thought I'd share the answer for anyone looking in the future.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
alex_friant

Somebody provided the answer for me over in Slack.

Turns out the open data documentation is a little bit misleading when it states " In ArcGIS Server 10.3, on the *service properties for the individual service*, you can enable persistent layer IDs. "

That makes it sound like the configuration option is to be found inside ArcGIS Server, somewhere inside the map service properties. But it's actually inside ArcMap, inside the Data Frame properties *before you publish* your map service.

Just thought I'd share the answer for anyone looking in the future.