How a non-admin user can edit ArcGIS Hub sites ?

Jump to solution
08-01-2018 09:31 AM
BesjanaOsmenaj
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a created a site using the Hub. I have also created a group in ArcGIS , where each member of the group has the "open data publisher" role and the site is shared to this group . I was hoping that the members could have access and edit the site. But they can only view the site and not modify it (for example add multiple sites, change site's layout etc.,).

I tried to go to TEAM tab and add team members, but it does not allow me:

The only picture I get is this, saying that I would need an administrator to add me to the Team Tab even though I am the admin and I am trying to add other people in the Team Hub:

This is the same picture I get when I click the "Sites" tab as well.

I would appreciate some help to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Besa

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This can occur if you delete the underlying groups that the Hub application uses to function (Hub Administration Group). The new group can be created/restored but old sites will still be looking for the old group and this message will display. To fix it, you need to update a property of the Site in question to match the current Hub Administration Group for your organization. 

You can find the current Hub Administration Group ID in your portal self call underneath portalProperties. You can update the Site by using AGO Assistant. The property that caches the group is `item.properties.collaborationGroupId`

Technical support can assist with this process if you open a ticket. We are working on longer term solves to the search API to alleviate the need to cache the group's ID in the Site's item.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Besa... are you in quasi-locked down environment? 

ArcGIS Hub | ArcGIS 

Access the Hub admin application—ArcGIS Hub | ArcGIS 

The administrator thing... hope you got it figured out.

0 Kudos
BesjanaOsmenaj
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I have e-mailed to ESRI the issue. Might need to confirm with our IT too, cause yes we have a kind of restricted environment.

Thanks for the links !

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This can occur if you delete the underlying groups that the Hub application uses to function (Hub Administration Group). The new group can be created/restored but old sites will still be looking for the old group and this message will display. To fix it, you need to update a property of the Site in question to match the current Hub Administration Group for your organization. 

You can find the current Hub Administration Group ID in your portal self call underneath portalProperties. You can update the Site by using AGO Assistant. The property that caches the group is `item.properties.collaborationGroupId`

Technical support can assist with this process if you open a ticket. We are working on longer term solves to the search API to alleviate the need to cache the group's ID in the Site's item.