Feature service which has no datasets?

Jump to solution
12-22-2014 10:25 AM
EricHanson
New Contributor III

I have been having some issues with open data lately. 

I am using a map service from my own ArcGIS Server.  I added items for each layer of the map service as individual items in AGOL as an item from the web with the service url for each layer.  I then shared the items (which are public) with my open data group which is Public and designated as available for use in Open Data.

In my open data site (which is currently Private for testing), I then added this group in the Manage Data tab.

A couple of weeks ago, this worked fine and all the data was showing properly.  But now when I view the Data Report, it says “feature service which has no datasets” and in the Manage Sites page, it lists that the Open Data site has items but Datasets are n/a even though when I view the items in AGOL or query the layers in the map service, they work fine.

OpenData1.png

Has anyone else seen this issue lately or know what the problem/solution is?  Is this related to the recent update?  FYI – AGOL hosted services work just fine.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
44 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Malcolm,

We are working on this actively now. Unfortunately the 'this' is not any one issue so I can't give a timeline to when this will fully be resolved. It could be related to our infrastructure which will be receiving fixes over the next few days and continuously. It could also be related to your actual map or feature service which is a bit harder for us to diagnose and work around.

Please know that this is high priority for us. I'll continue to update you guys as this progresses.

MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know its getting sorted 🙂

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi all,

We released a fix to production today that dramatically/permanently lowered the backlog of harvesting jobs. As a result, you should see many fewer cases of "feature service which has no datasets" and faster harvests in general. Large datasets with many attributes can still take quite a long time to harvest, but in general you should see changes showing up within an hour. Feel free to reindex if you are still experiencing issues. As always, let us know here or via support if you have more problems.

Daniel Fenton

Product Engineer | Open Data

MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Excellent! Thanks

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1

Daniel, so far I can confirm that whatever you and your team changed has led to a major improvement! Thank you for communicating with your Open Data users throughout this process.

0 Kudos
ChrisCarter1
New Contributor

I am still having the same problem, I created my open data site yesterday and 24 hours later my local feature services are still showing no datasets.  I tried unsharing-resharing the content but it hasn't helped.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Chris, can you please provide a link to your open data group? We can investigate the services and see what's going on.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

You're fixed! Search | City of Anaheim

0 Kudos
deleted-user-BAik00wdZwPa
New Contributor II

I am running into this problem as well. I created my open data site and it showed no datasets. I switched back and forth from public-private-public and waited over the weekend, but my feature services are still showing no datasets. Any suggestions? Here's a link to my open data group.

0 Kudos