Feature service which has no datasets?

Jump to solution
12-22-2014 10:25 AM
EricHanson
New Contributor III

I have been having some issues with open data lately. 

I am using a map service from my own ArcGIS Server.  I added items for each layer of the map service as individual items in AGOL as an item from the web with the service url for each layer.  I then shared the items (which are public) with my open data group which is Public and designated as available for use in Open Data.

In my open data site (which is currently Private for testing), I then added this group in the Manage Data tab.

A couple of weeks ago, this worked fine and all the data was showing properly.  But now when I view the Data Report, it says “feature service which has no datasets” and in the Manage Sites page, it lists that the Open Data site has items but Datasets are n/a even though when I view the items in AGOL or query the layers in the map service, they work fine.

OpenData1.png

Has anyone else seen this issue lately or know what the problem/solution is?  Is this related to the recent update?  FYI – AGOL hosted services work just fine.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricHanson
New Contributor III

This seems to be a bug: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA4MjQxNQ==

At this time, there is no workaround and no information on when it will be fixed.

One solution would be to have AGOL host the data rather than having it come from your organizations ArcGIS Server, but that does use credits - and depending on how much data you have, that could cost quite a bit of credits every month.

Hopefully ESRI can resolve this soon.

View solution in original post

44 Replies
EricHanson
New Contributor III

This seems to be a bug: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA4MjQxNQ==

At this time, there is no workaround and no information on when it will be fixed.

One solution would be to have AGOL host the data rather than having it come from your organizations ArcGIS Server, but that does use credits - and depending on how much data you have, that could cost quite a bit of credits every month.

Hopefully ESRI can resolve this soon.

ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Eric,

I have also found this problem.  I've even recalculated the index for the site a couple of time to no avail.  I've contacted a member of the ESRI OpenData Development team about this to see where we stand.

Chris

0 Kudos
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

I spoke with the development team this morning and they thought that this issue was fixed already.  They said that they'll resolve this ASAP.

0 Kudos
EricHanson
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

The bug still looks like it is active.

I tried to escalate the bug with Esri through the Customer Care Center a couple of weeks ago, but I have not heard anything back yet.

I was told through tech support that it may not get resolved until the next quarterly release, which I would assume is in March.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Eric, we don't actually release every quarter, its more like every 2-3 weeks, so we should have resolution well before March. We are currently experiencing an abnormally high volume of harvesting jobs and we are working through those. Time may solve the issue. Could you please share any of the items you are seeing the problem with?

0 Kudos
EricHanson
New Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I tried to send you an email through esriDC@esri.com on Wednesday with the item, as I am not ready to share the items yet.  I am still having issues.  Nothing has changed - still showing no datasets.

-Eric

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Have you guys tried making the private and then public again? That triggers a total wipe and reharvest of the individual item. Can you also share the URL of any of the items you are having issues with?

Sorry for the additional trouble with this.

0 Kudos
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniel,

I had not tried making the items private and then public and shared with OpenData again.  This seems to be working for some datasets that were having that issue, but not others.

Currently, this item is being shared with my Open Data group, but in the data report it says "feature service which has no datasets."  I will continue retracting my Shares and then reinstating my shares to see if this ultimately fixed many of my problem datasets.

Chris

0 Kudos
EricHanson
New Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

The site I am working on is currently private and has not been made public yet.  We are waiting to have these issues fixed before we make it public.

-Eric

0 Kudos