Different Cell Sizes

03-24-2015 01:57 PM
MichaelBrown3
New Contributor II

So I have been working with World View - 2 data and it is high resolution (about 2m). I am now wanting to incorporate Landsat data but the resolution is much coarser (30m). Is the resample tool (data management) the only way to compare data sets? I am looking for small features that may not even be resolved by the landsat imager but I want to specifically be able to say that they cannot, not only that I assume that landsat cannot resolve these features. So question:....

How can I get these rasters on the same cell size so that I can compare the two? How many ways are there to do this besides resample tool?

- Thank you for your time -

Michael

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III

Landsat data is very coarser compare to WorldVIew 2. besides resample tool you can  Add the raster in Arcmap and export it and while exporting set thecell size to 2

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

With these processes the features will remain same only the pixels will be divided in to smaller dimensions.

Hope this is helpful

Kishor

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Aggregate—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop for finer control to go from fine to coarse

resample for coarse to fine

ensure that you have set the extents, cell size and snap raster explicitly in the Environments tab of the tool prior to using any arctoolbox tool

0 Kudos