Detail Page

Jump to solution
07-09-2014 01:29 PM
BryanLuman
New Contributor II

How do you set DATASET ATTRIBUTES and tooltip in detail page? I notice in the Detroit site it uses name or other logical fields for the tooltip and gives a nice summary under "DATASET ATTRIBUTES". Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bryan,

The Map tip should be driven off the Display Field, which is set in the Map Document before publishing your service.

The dataset attributes are part of a secondary data indexing that will populate after some time. We are working to improve the lag time, and find importance to producing this level of metadata.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BryanLuman
New Contributor II

So I've found that the dataset attributes do populate after a while but don't use metadata as far as I can tell. Looking at more of the Detroit examples it doesn't seem like you can control the tooltip source attribute.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bryan,

The Map tip should be driven off the Display Field, which is set in the Map Document before publishing your service.

The dataset attributes are part of a secondary data indexing that will populate after some time. We are working to improve the lag time, and find importance to producing this level of metadata.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

0 Kudos
BryanLuman
New Contributor II

Thank you I'll try publishing it that way next time.

0 Kudos