Data accessed by Open Data Site

06-29-2017 08:05 AM
JoshObrecht1
New Contributor III

I have content added to my Open Data group. However, the content is not showing in my Open Data site even though the group is added to the site. Is there something that I missed that allows the content to show in the site?

Tags (1)
12 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Joshua, 

Is your data also shared with everyone (public)? 

If it is, can you please provide the URL to your ArcGIS Online group and your open data site? 

Thanks -

Courtney

0 Kudos
JoshObrecht1
New Contributor III

That would be it. If I want the Open Data site to be private to just my group, does the content still need to be public to everyone? If it does, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Right now data needs to be public to be added to open data sites. We will be adding functionality for open data sites to support private items with our next release, Wednesday 7/5. 

JoshObrecht1
New Contributor III

Sounds good. Thank you.

0 Kudos
LuyangRen
New Contributor III

Hi Courtney,

In my AGO, groups still need to be share publicly in order to be shared to Open Data site. You mentioned that new functionality would be added on Wednesday 7/5 to support private item. But I am still not seeing it. Is there any update on it?

Thank you

Luyang

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Luyang, 

The group needs to be shared publicly for the Hub app to add it, but the data within it can be shared privately or within your organization only. Permissions for ArcGIS Online items and groups are separate - users outside your org won't be able to access the data within the group.

Courtney 

LuyangRen
New Contributor III

Got it! Thank you Courtney!

LuyangRen
New Contributor III

Hi Courtney,

I found out that I still have to share the ArcGIS Online items to public in order to have them items shown in ArcGIS Open Data Site. Any clue on this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Luyang, 

The following conditions must be true: 

* the private data is shared to a public open data group

* "Private Item Views" beta capability is enabled for your site

* You are logged in on your site

* In the search results, on the left hand side under "Views", select "Items"

If you've done all those and the items still don't appear, I'd recommend filing a ticket with support.

This feature is still in beta and is not completely documented. We welcome any and all feedback! 

Courtney