Change Color for Data Preview

01-21-2021 08:56 AM
gisgeeknorth
New Contributor II

Hi. In the Open Data preview page for a dataset, the vector data (points, lines, polygons) are always drawn with the same shade of blue.

Even if the data item has a default symbology set, it's ignored.

There also does not seem to be (that I can find) anywhere to set or change this, even if I wanted to change the default 'blue' to something that matches my site theme. For example, in the screen shot attached here, the "blue" polygons clash a bit with my "purple" theme colours.

So, two part question: 1) Can this be set somewhere? And 2) if symbology is set for the item, can it be used in the preview?

Chris

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Stephanie_F
Esri Contributor

Hi @gisgeeknorth ,

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the default data preview symbology in Hub at this point in time. However, there is currently an enhancement requesting this functionality that has been listed as 'In Product Plan' by the Development Team.

ENH-000099492: Open Data does not support feature layer symbology and every symbology appears in default blue color.

0 Kudos
CassandraAllen1
New Contributor III

Hi @Stephanie_F have there been any updates on this enhancement request? I can't seem to find any info on this besides some replies from Esri employees in the community site. This would be a big improvement for sharing data in Hub. Thank you!