ArcGIS Hub Dataset - Image service as raster dataset

Jump to solution
04-13-2022 05:17 PM
ImtiyazPasha
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am looking for a workaround or process to download the image service as a raster dataset in the ArcGIS hub as shown in the below sample.

Thanks in advance.

https://data-usfs.hub.arcgis.com/datasets/c13f6fe3ec0d4eadbd699b1ad2a9b993/explore

ImtiyazPasha_0-1649894663931.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatrickJankanish
New Contributor II

If I understand the question, the answer is covered in the Hub documentation for Data download settings under the heading "External formats." Create your raster dataset and copy it to a destination from which it can be downloaded via a URL. Then follow the instructions in the documentation to make it appear in Open Data in the Additional Resources section for your item. I've attached an example of what the metadata editor for an item would look like when you add an external resource. (In my example, the URL is to another ArcGIS Online item, but it can be any URL.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PatrickJankanish
New Contributor II

If I understand the question, the answer is covered in the Hub documentation for Data download settings under the heading "External formats." Create your raster dataset and copy it to a destination from which it can be downloaded via a URL. Then follow the instructions in the documentation to make it appear in Open Data in the Additional Resources section for your item. I've attached an example of what the metadata editor for an item would look like when you add an external resource. (In my example, the URL is to another ArcGIS Online item, but it can be any URL.)

ImtiyazPasha
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot. That's what I was looking for.

ArcGIS Hub should provide more options to customize the image service Download page. Png, jpg, and tiff files should be downloaded in their original format with spatial reference, but you can only download them like the thumbnail.

If can provide any suggestions or recommendations on raster data sharing and download @hub will be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos