Anyone else struggling with WCAG compliance?

Jump to solution
07-11-2018 08:03 AM
AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

As a municipality we have a requirement that all our public facing websites must meet WCAG 2.0 AA compliance for accessibility. We would love to use the Hub but we are struggling to meet compliance. Is there any other counties, government agencies, or municipalities that are also struggling with this challenge? 

Thanks,

Alison 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alison, 

I work on the Hub team. In addition to the feedback you may have provided in the survey above to some of my colleagues, if there are specific items you would like to alert us to, please email me directly at ghudgins@esri.com. Some customers configure their site with their own HTML that can negatively effect compliance and is outside of the Hub's control. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm curious what sorts of complications you are running in to?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We also have an accessibility group on GeoNet where you can ask specific questions related to accessibility: https://community.esri.com/groups/accessibility/pages/overview 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI,

The ArcGIS Online Dev team is currently looking for feedback and requirements on the accessibility needs of users and how to improve the accessibility of ArcGIS Online. Please complete this short survey,

ArcGIS Online Accessibility Survey 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alison, 

I work on the Hub team. In addition to the feedback you may have provided in the survey above to some of my colleagues, if there are specific items you would like to alert us to, please email me directly at ghudgins@esri.com. Some customers configure their site with their own HTML that can negatively effect compliance and is outside of the Hub's control.