Add a back button to return to search results in data catalog

Jump to solution
04-06-2018 11:00 AM
KrystalPhaneuf3
New Contributor III

I don't seem to see the ability for a user to go back to the search results if they click on an item.  They can obviously use the back button in their browser, but I think it would be nice to have a "Return to Results" button.  Is it possible to edit the data view?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the delay in following up...

We try to keep Hub's "system controls" out of the way of your Site and its content...this choice was intentional in the design. I have, however, passed this feedback onto our designers and we will consider it. 

To your other question - no you cannot edit the dataset or search results pages outside of setting a theme (and changing the content in your items like title, description, etc)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I second this! I think it's a nice enhancement to the overall use of the site.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the delay in following up...

We try to keep Hub's "system controls" out of the way of your Site and its content...this choice was intentional in the design. I have, however, passed this feedback onto our designers and we will consider it. 

To your other question - no you cannot edit the dataset or search results pages outside of setting a theme (and changing the content in your items like title, description, etc)

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for considering, Graham.

Sort of related to this, one request we've had from users is once you've navigated to the data page and clicked through overview > data > api explorer tabs .... they wish that one single "back click" would take you to the search results (or where ever you were), instead of the experience of going back through the tabs on the data page.