Select to view content in your preferred language

Contact Data Steward from ArcGIS Hub data page

04-06-2022 10:37 AM
Labels (2)
JoshGroeneveld
Emerging Contributor

In Hub when a user selects a data set, it would be useful to allow organizations to have a "Contact Data Steward" (or data owner) to report missing data or data updates.  I am imagining a setting that organizations could enable that would create a generic "report data issues" Survey123 form where a user could identify existing features that need to be updated (e.g., a facility has a new name) or submit a point / line / polygon for a feature that is missing.  It would be ideal if organizations could identify a user in their organization as the point of contact for that data layer and then notify the point of contact when a user reports an issue.  Currently if I find an issue with someone else's data, I need to email them and either hope I find the right person or wait for them to redirect me to the right person.  A feature like this, if enabled, could allow organizations to collect feedback on data layers that aren't updated regularly.  Something like this could be available either from the main data overview page or the "I want to use this" menu.

JoshGroeneveld_0-1649266454886.png 

JoshGroeneveld_1-1649266515078.png