Update a Feature output issue

01-21-2014 01:24 AM
MohammedHossam
New Contributor II
Here are the details of the issue I am currently facing with the GEP.

Using a simple input-output service:
    1- A GEP instance cannot run ???Update a feature??? output on a certain FeatureService.
             a. In the ???Geoevent Services??? section of the ???Monitor??? screen the Service output count is increasing
             b. In the ???Outputs??? section of the ???Monitor??? screen the output count remains zero.
    2- This GEP instance is capable of running ???Add features??? output on the same FeatureService.
    3- Another GEP instance on another machine is able to run the ???Update a feature??? output, with identical configurations, on the same FeatureService.

The working server PC is Windows 7 64-bit.
The malfunctioning server is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64-bit.

Any idea what might cause the update features output to just not work.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II
Try creating a new output and wiring it up in the GE Service.  I had a similar problem in 10.2 and that solved it.  Near as I could tell the broken and working outputs were identical but something was corrupted under the hood of the broken one.
DG
0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
You also might try getting the GeoEvent Service configuration to a working state on your Win7 machine, then exporting the GeoEvent Processor's configuration from the Site > GeoEvent Processor > Configuration Store page, and importing the XML into a clean instance on your Win2008 R2 machine.
  • An easy way to clear out the configured elements (Inputs, Outputs, GeoEvent Definitions, etc.) is to stop the Windows service running GeoEvent Processor, locate and delete the files from the C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEventProcessor folder. I would recommend leaving the ...\certs folder so that you don't have to re-import the SSL certificate as trusted. Also, if you are running 10.2.0, be sure to leave the ...\connectors folder (this will be rebuilt for you if you're running 10.2.1).
  • If you find that a more aggressive cleaning is needed, you can locate and delete the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEventProcessor\data folder to remove any cached elements; the folder will be rebuilt when you restart the Windows service.
As long as both machines are running the same version of GeoEvent Processor, you should be able to share configurations this way so that you don't have to reconfigure Inputs, Outputs, GeoEvent Definitions, and GeoEvent Services. There's a lot of touch points you have to make sure you've replicated on each box ... and forgetting something simple like a GeoEvent Definition or tagging a TRACK_ID onto a event definition field can easily make it look like one server is working and the other isn't.

- RJ
0 Kudos