TAIP0xF0 DeviceId

04-30-2014 10:13 AM
AnanthPalani
New Contributor
I am using TAIP adapter to process Sierra Wireless GX440 modem TAIP RPV messages. When I see the text output I do not see the DeviceId. Does the adapter parse DeviceId?

Thanks
AP
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Ananth -

Yes, looking at the TAIP0xF0 GeoEvent Definition, the DeviceId is being retrieved from the event payload by the adapter. In fact it is being used as the TRACK_ID.

What output are you using to review the event data? Are you receiving the other fields (TimeStamp, Shape, Speed, Heading, Source, and Age)?

- RJ
0 Kudos
AnanthPalani
New Contributor
Thanks RJ for a quick response. I am using tcp-text-out and I see Time, Lat, Lon, Speed, Heading, Source, Age but not deviceId.

Best Regards
AP
0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Ananth -

Thank you for the sample TAIP / RVP data and references you sent. It appears that the SierraWireless mobile gateway configuration utility - the "ACE Manager" - allows an optional TAIP ID to be specified on its GPS page.

We will see what we can do to to extend the sample TAIP conector to: 1) Determine if this parameter has been included in the broadcast data; 2) Place the TAIP ID, if found, into the DeviceId field of the GeoEvent as a String.

I will follow-up with you as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience.

- RJ
0 Kudos
VladislavPlechnoy
New Contributor III
Ananth,

I have a build of Trimble TAIP Adapter bundle for GeoEvent Processor enhanced with DeviceID reported from the modem.
Please find it attached to this post.

I would like you to field-test this update for us and provide a feedback if enhancement works as expected.
I will then update our public forum page and GitHub repository with related changes.

Thanks,
Vlad.
0 Kudos
AnanthPalani
New Contributor
Vlad & RJ

Thanks for a quick turnaround. It works. I see the Vehicle ID we configured coming in.

Thanks again
Best Regards
AP
0 Kudos
VladislavPlechnoy
New Contributor III
Ananth,

Please keep us posted if you discover any issues as you are field-testing TAIP adapter.
Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vlad.
0 Kudos
AnanthPalani
New Contributor
Sure will do. Thank you all.

Best Regards
AP
0 Kudos