StreamServiceOutboundTransport issue

04-23-2018 06:59 AM
AntonioCarrozzo1
New Contributor II

I created a simple stream service with GeoEvent manager (10.6), but I have always the same issue

com.esri.ges.transport.streamService.StreamServiceOutboundTransportnull java.lang.NullPointerException at com.esri.ges.transport.streamService.StreamServiceOutboundTransport.receive(StreamServiceOutboundTransport.java:567) [83:com.esri.ges.framework.transport.stream-service-transport:10.6.0] at com.esri.ges.manager.stream.internal.OutboundTransportProxy.receive(OutboundTransportProxy.java:40) [127:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-streammanager:10.6.0] at com.esri.ges.manager.stream.internal.OutboundStreamImpl.receive(OutboundStreamImpl.java:202) [127:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-streammanager:10.6.0] at com.esri.ges.adapter.OutboundAdapterBase.receive(OutboundAdapterBase.java:44) [29:com.esri.ges.framework.adapter.adapter-api:10.6.0] at com.esri.ges.adapter.json.FeatureJsonOutboundAdapter.flushQueue(FeatureJsonOutboundAdapter.java:118) [31:com.esri.ges.framework.adapter.feature-json-adapter:10.6.0] at com.esri.ges.adapter.json.FeatureJsonOutboundAdapter.run(FeatureJsonOutboundAdapter.java:91) [31:com.esri.ges.framework.adapter.feature-json-adapter:10.6.0] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]Apr 23, 2018, 3:22:34 PMERROR

I able to subscribe the stream service, and the counter is updated every time a new file has been uploaded to the folder

Could you please help me.

Thanks

11 Replies
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

Hi carrozzoantonio

To clarify, is this something you are only noticing in the logs, but the stream service is still operating as expected?

Please let us know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AntonioCarrozzo1
New Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

the stream service is stopped. I have to restart it every time a new file is uploaded to my folder.

Below you can find the list of events in the logs page

The following image is related the error reposted in ArcGIS server administration panel

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

Antonio Carrozzo

Thank you for the info.

Some things to check are:

- Is the Stream Service accessible from REST? Do you see all the fields, Web Socket URL's, etc. listed?

- Is the Stream Service published from the same definition used for the input?

- Were the definition(s) modified in any way?

- Can you 'Subscribe' to the Stream Service from REST and do you see any data coming through?

- Have you already tried recreating the output?

Beyond this, you may want to look into opening a Support case to address the issue further and in greater depth.

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AntonioCarrozzo1
New Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

The stream service is accessible from REST. I'm able also to see all fields and Web Socket URLs, but I'm not able to subscribe it.

I tried to publish the stream service with the same definition and with the different one, but nothing has changed.

I already opened a support case and will post our findings when we get this error resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
GISPolaris
New Contributor

Did you solved the issue I am facing same one . No clue what might be wrong

0 Kudos
GISPolaris
New Contributor

Same thing happening to me when ever the event is pushed to stream output it stops and above error is displayed on server

0 Kudos
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I've been having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
IrinaRakhimova1
New Contributor

I was able to fix this error by importing valid trusted certificate into ArcGIS Server admin and setting it to use this certificate. In addition, I had to install SSL certificate from the browser into Trusted Root certificates store as well as export the browser certificate as .cer file and import it as trusted Root certificate into ArcGIS server admin. Restarted ArcGIS server and GeoEvent server services, cleared browser cache and was able to get stream service to work. 

Rolandvan_Zoest
New Contributor III

Hi Irina,

I'm having this problem too, in version 10.6.1

Was your solution permanent over the passed months ?

Could you explain what the browser has to do with the communications between GeoEvent and ArcGIS Servers ?

Thanks, Roland

0 Kudos