Outbound connector documentation/examples

12-16-2013 08:49 AM
KennethTriplett
New Contributor
I need an outbound connector that works similar to the Publish GeoEvents on a REST endpoint, but I need to produce KML that supports MultiGeometry with a LineString for each GeoEvent.  Since I have not found a way to do this with the connector, I am willing to build my own outbound connector.  I have found little to no documentation on how to create an outbound adaptor.  I have a set of example bundles, but they are processor or inbound.  I need better documentation and or several connector examples. 

Any help, Please?
Rcew
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamMollenkopf
New Contributor
The ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Software Development Kit (SDK) can be found in folder named 'sdk' under your GeoEvent installation folder (on Windows that would be 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEventProcessor\sdk').  Within that folder you will find a 'GeoEvent Processor Developer Guide.pdf' and folders that include the 'api', 'lib', and 'samples'.

Hope this information is helpful,
Adam Mollenkopf
ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor for Server - Product Lead
0 Kudos
MingZhao
New Contributor III
A custom adapter is what you need.  Currently, the KML adapter that comes with GEP only supports Point and LineString Geometry types under Placemarks.  Each geoevent is converted to a Placemark when retrieved.  I suppose you want to put all geoevents of the same track id from the cache in a single Placemark, is that correct?  What is the use case for that?  We are interested in how customers use or want to use the product so that we can make improvements. 

Thanks,

Ming Zhao
0 Kudos