missing requirement package after deploy Adapter

12-11-2013 08:37 AM
LuisRodríguez_González
New Contributor III
I have developed an Adater that uses two jars. I have copied the adapter jar and the others jar files in the deploy directory (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEventProcessor\deploy).

After the deploy I see the following messages in the log file:
2013-12-11 19:12:34,398 | WARN  | Processor/deploy | fileinstall                      | 7 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.2.4 | Error while starting bundle: file:/C:/Program%20Files/ArcGIS/Server/GeoEventProcessor/deploy/ais-inbound-adapter-10.2.0.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.esri.ges.framework.adapter.ais-inbound-adapter [347]: Unable to resolve 347.0: missing requirement [347.0] package; (package=com.esri.aisparser)
 at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3564)[org.apache.felix.framework-3.2.2.jar:]
 at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1797)[org.apache.felix.framework-3.2.2.jar:]
 at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:927)[org.apache.felix.framework-3.2.2.jar:]
 at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1244)[7:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.2.4]
 at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1216)[7:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.2.4]
 at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1205)[7:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.2.4]
 at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:500)[7:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.2.4]
 at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:291)[7:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.2.4]

What should I do to deploy successfully the adapter?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ryguy6868

It looks like the adapter jar file has a declared dependency on the package com.esri.aisparser but the GEP server can't find another jar file that provides that functionality. 

Does your other jar file have classes in that package? 

Also, is your other jar file built as an OSGi bundle?  To find out, unzip the jar file and see if the Manifest.mf file in the META-INF folder has a line that starts with "Bundle-SymbolicName"

If it is built as an OSGi bundle, there needs to be a manifest entry called Export-Package: that includes the com.esri.aisparser package, otherwise the GEP server won't be able to put the two jar files together.
0 Kudos
LuisRodríguez_González
New Contributor III
Hello, thank you for your reply.

I just fix the error. The problem was that the jars used by the Adapdter weren't in maven dependencies. I've included the jars dependencies in the pom file and I've generated the adapter jar file again. Now the Adapter deploys successfully.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: AVTSPositioning

Hi,

May I request you to  share  your AIS work with me? 

Regards
Harish
0 Kudos