Incident Detector

09-02-2014 01:41 PM
MarielaNúñez_H_
New Contributor

Hello, I am working with a processor of Incident Detector, the result is updating a feature class named Alerts, but I do not know how to eliminate the features in Alerts when the incident is over, remain in my map... thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mariela,  You can open up an edit session in ArcMap and delete the features or use ArcGIS Online's Map Viewer to delete features (if those feature are a part of a Feature Service). 

Also I suggest looking into how that layer is constructed in the map. 

Most layers can be added to a map using a Definition Expression.  A Definition Expression allows you to filter the layer so that only query results are displayed on the map.   For example, if your Alerts feature class had a field named "Status" you could could have the map only display features where the status is "Active".  This might be something to look into.  - Doug

MarielaNúñez_H_
New Contributor

ok, thanks Doug!

Do you know what are all the options of status field? in this moment the GeoEvent is filling with: Ended, Started, Ongoing...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mariela, It would be helpful to know a little more.  I think I understand the GeoEvent part but how do you visualize the map containing the Alerts layer?  (aka, via Online like in Web Browser or via ArcMap).  Let me know. If it's via the web, if you can share a link that would be helpful.   -Doug

0 Kudos
MarielaNúñez_H_
New Contributor

I am seeing the alerts from my arcgis online organizations and dashboard, and the feature class that create Geoevent in my Managed gdb.

But, no problem!

I resolved the visualization with the definition query in the published map, the status change between different values but Started and Ongoing is working!

Thanks so much Doug!

0 Kudos