Geometry field GEOEVENT SERVER

Jump to solution
11-25-2019 05:58 AM
MatteoMei1
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I have a problem: from my csv table containing "x and y" I should be able to get a single geometry field, to then insert the geometry field inside the geodefinition and give coordinates to my Feature output that is on arcgisonline.

how to do? thanks

geoeventser‌

geoevent‌

#helpme

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

I think this is what you are looking for.

field calc it into a new geometry field then field map it to your geometry field of you final layer, Long_Double and Lat_Double are your field names in this example 

'{' + ' "x":' + Long_Double + ',' + ' "y":' + Lat_Double + ',' + ' "spatialReference":{"wkid":4326} }'

Calculate Geometry with GeoEvent 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

I think this is what you are looking for.

field calc it into a new geometry field then field map it to your geometry field of you final layer, Long_Double and Lat_Double are your field names in this example 

'{' + ' "x":' + Long_Double + ',' + ' "y":' + Lat_Double + ',' + ' "spatialReference":{"wkid":4326} }'

Calculate Geometry with GeoEvent 

Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Matteo Mei‌,

it is possible to create a geometry via field calculator. But for a simple Point geometry you could also use the build in functionality "Construct Geometry From Field" (Advanced):

Best,

Stefan

MatteoMei1
New Contributor II

thanks to both of you for the help, my problem is that I can't bring the values back into my functionality on arcgis online, how should I build geodefinition? same as the fields on my table? and on building the geoevent after the Field Calculator do I have to use a Tiled Mapper to carry the fields?
clearly my goal is to start from a csv table with the input data and transport them to an empty function on arcgis online or enterprise.
thank you very much

0 Kudos