GeoEvent no track id troubleshooting

02-20-2020 09:09 AM
AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

I continuously get this error in my GES logs

com.esri.ges.adapter.json.FeatureJsonOutboundConverter

Event does not have a track id. Event hashcode is going to be used to determine uniqueness of the event.

I'm looking to troubleshoot it, however when I change logging to debug I stop getting any log messages. Also, it appears all of my inputs and outputs, specifically, have a track id tag in their definitions.

The one strange thing I am doing that seems to work otherwise is I am using a field map where the OBJECTID of my one layer is mapped to an ID field of another layer. This is to copy several attributes over to the other layer using what might be a "hacky join" method. Both these fields are the track ids of their respective layers.

Any assistance with possibly getting rid of the log message would help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

I am getting the same log message.  It seems to have appeared after adding a Field Mapper. 

Did you ever resolve your issue?

Would you be willing to share your solution?

0 Kudos
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

Mine was cleared by a reboot of the Windows server.

0 Kudos
DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

Just in case this is helpful for anyone else I was having the same issue at 10.9.1 after moving a field mapper before a field enricher to use a static geoevent definition.

I checked all of the geoevent definitions to confirm trackId was set correctly and it was assigned correctly in each. 

The issue was with the mapping of the trackId attribute itself to the appropriate target attribute.

As I had changed the field mapper to map only key fields from the source TrackGap that I wanted brought through to the static geoevent definition, and the next step was a field enricher I forgot to feed in the trackId from the TrackGap.

When I mapped the trackId to the relevant field in the next geoevent definition the warnings stopped.

Hopefully that helps someone!

Dean

0 Kudos