GeoEvent max 240 socket

12-19-2013 05:33 PM
chenjun
New Contributor
i want to recive 1000 tcp socket information in one sec.�?1000/s�?�??but i see that GeoEvent can recive max 240. what can i do to recive 1000. some one says :you can Modify the JVM memory. how to do?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30022[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30023[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30024[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
You might want to take a look at this thread:  lost" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/94947-lost-geoevent-services-o... geoevent services on server reboot

Summary Points:

We recommend a minimum of 6GB of RAM for GEP (vs. the 4GB minimum recommendation for ArcGIS Server).

GeoEvent Processor has a default 2GB limit for RAM allocation. You can configure this for your instance. Locate the product installation folder �?�\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEventProcessor\etc on your system and open the ArcGISGeoEventProcessor.cfg file in a text editor. You should be able to locate the configuration setting toward the top of the file:

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=2048

The default sizes for the queues used by the Event Processing framework can also be adjusted; you would only need to consider that if you were working with high volumes of event data. To adjust the queue sizes edit the com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.cfg and increase the defaults to reflect the following:
  • com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.destinationPolicy.queue.memoryLimit (10 megs)
  • com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.destinationPolicy.topic.memoryLimit (10 megs)
  • com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.destinationPolicy.topic.memoryLimit (1 gig)

Regards -
RJ
0 Kudos