Select to view content in your preferred language

Date Field issue from CSV file

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 01:26 PM
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I am trying to import a CSV file into an AGOL Hosted feature table. My Input has 4 fields: DateRead, readValue,Tower and UID

DominicRoberge2_0-1624997751530.png

basic model

DominicRoberge2_1-1624997808986.png

but my output doesn't return the Date info

DominicRoberge2_2-1624998231994.png

I have tried this date format without success

DominicRoberge2_3-1624998300397.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks!

D

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jordan
by
New Contributor II

Hi @DominicRoberge2,

I've always had issues parsing the milliseconds in GeoEvent. However, I have managed to get the rest of your input format of (2021-06-28 15:16:42) working if I use this date format in GeoEvent:
yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

The above format should work, even if your input format includes the milliseconds.

You shouldn't have the escaped 'T' in there, unless the T is a part of your input format, which looking at your sample input, it is not. The reason you sometimes see that is, if you're playing with the GeoEvent Simulator and set it to change the time to the current time, that will be the format it sets it to: yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss. It is also a time format I have come across in normal data feeds as well.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jordan
by
New Contributor II

Hi @DominicRoberge2,

I've always had issues parsing the milliseconds in GeoEvent. However, I have managed to get the rest of your input format of (2021-06-28 15:16:42) working if I use this date format in GeoEvent:
yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

The above format should work, even if your input format includes the milliseconds.

You shouldn't have the escaped 'T' in there, unless the T is a part of your input format, which looking at your sample input, it is not. The reason you sometimes see that is, if you're playing with the GeoEvent Simulator and set it to change the time to the current time, that will be the format it sets it to: yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss. It is also a time format I have come across in normal data feeds as well.

Cheers

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Jordan!

working perfectly!👏