Convert Coordinates after Add XYZ Values Processor

Jump to solution
03-24-2021 07:56 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

I am a bit new to using GeoEvent, so apologies if this is a silly question.

I have a GeoEvent Service that is polling an ArcGIS Online feature (point) layer for changes. The end product of this Service is to generate an email notification to maintenance crews alerting them of downed trees. I am using the Add XYZ Values processor to extract the XY coordinates from the point feature in AGOL and I am sending this in the email.

When I test this it works well, however my coordinates are in web mercator - not the most informative. I want to convert these coordinates into lat/long (decimal degrees). Is this possible? I've been unable to find a method for doing this. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Erica 

Erica
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbigailStephens
New Contributor III

I ran into a similar problem when adding XY fields to a hosted feature service. My problem was solved by projecting the data to WGS84 from Web Mercator using the Projector processor, then put it through the Add XYZ values processor. I think this would work in your case as well!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbigailStephens
New Contributor III

I ran into a similar problem when adding XY fields to a hosted feature service. My problem was solved by projecting the data to WGS84 from Web Mercator using the Projector processor, then put it through the Add XYZ values processor. I think this would work in your case as well!

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you! This was simple and elegant and worked perfectly. I really appreciate your help! 

Erica
0 Kudos