Quick and easy question

12-10-2012 07:30 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: SStrand

I am currently researching options for mobile data collection, except that the data we are looking to collect is attribute data for existing points. Everything I see on the site regarding mobile data collection is about adding points and editing them, but I have seen nothing in regards to having existing data and just updating attributes. If we were to setup a Server site that is hosted to a tablet or smart phone, is it possible to edit preexisting data with the out of the box functions? Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor
It is possible to update data using the same editing workflow you've come across in the help documentation. If you ensure the data is editable in ArcGIS Mobile or one of the ArcGIS for Smartphones applications then you will be able to modify existing features. You should also be able to change the permissions either in the database or in the mobile application to limit users' ability to edit to only update and not delete or add new features.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ktinning@gmail.com

You can certainly complete this task

This sample should be good to get you started with the concept

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/windows-mobile-sdk/concepts/index.html#/Customizing_attributes_p...

You can programatically call the Edit Attributes Page on a selected feature (use the Status_Changed) event on the SelectionMap Action and then intercept the 'group' creation component and eliminate the Location Group.
0 Kudos