Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Mobile Map tool - layers not appearing(?)

01-08-2013 10:49 AM
CarlTownsend1
Occasional Contributor
Hi, i'm having some severe frustrations in trying to create a mobile map for a yuma device. I just want to add some point features and a basemap, so i select the mxd containing the layers, the project folder, etc. but in the 'Create Mobile Map' tool, the 'Layers (optional)' box is blank. I cannot drag and drop them from arcmap either (!) Any ideas why? the data is in a file geodatabase with gloabl id's, arcmap 10 SP5...

Why don't the layers appear?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlTownsend1
Occasional Contributor
I fixed the problem. Eventually, after trying everything else, I deleted the .mxd and created a new one (Even though the existing  .mxd was brand spanking new!) and the layers appeared. Although I don't know if this can be classed as a fix, since i don't know what caused it - a brand new .mxd that was dodgy?

I've noticed lots of other bugs with this software that has caused me to waste a lot of time. For example, trying to get data off the mobile device using the 'Synchronise Mobile Cache' tool, er, doesn't synchronise so the updates won't load into arcmap, or the mobile device won't be updated from arcmap...
0 Kudos