Can ArcGIS for Windows Mobile b2550 SDK be installed alongside ArcGIS Desktop 10.1?

10-11-2012 06:22 AM
DavidMarley
Occasional Contributor II
Can the ArcGIS Windows Mobile SDK b2550 be installed alongside ArcGIS Desktop 10.1

Currently my main development box has ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 and Windows Mobile SDK b2550.  I need to upgrade to Desktop 10.1, but not sure if there is a compability issue with Mobile b2550.

I know that a newer Mobile SDK is out now (3.1) but would rather not upgrade that right now - unless apps compiled under b2550 can easily be recompiled with 3.1?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
DianaUmpierre
New Contributor II
Did you get a reply or got the answer another way?

I have similar Q.

Thanks...
0 Kudos
DavidMarley
I have not gotten an answer to this yet, and unfortunately have not had time yet to test the different scenarios. Once I get a chance to test this, I will post my findings though.
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
All,

Yes, ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10 Update 4 Build 2550 is compatible with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1. However, you will not be able to take advantage of the new features and functionality available at ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 or ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.1 if you remain at ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10 Update 4. Yet I recommend you review the ArcGIS Resource Center links for What's New in the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Mobile 3 and Migrating your Applications to ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Mobile 3 for more information.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos
DavidMarley
Great thanks for the clarification Denise.

Dave
0 Kudos
nev
by
New Contributor III
Hi Denise,

If that is the case why do I get this error when I try and install AcrGIS Mobile 10 build 2550 on a machine with 10.1??
"One or more arcgis version 10.1.3035 products exist on your machine. You must uninstall them before installing ArcGIS Mobile 10."

Thanks.
Mick
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Mick,

Can you provide a copy of Belarc Advisor Report run on your computer that provides this error? Belarc Advisor is a free PC audit software download that will build a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, etc in Web browser format. Run it and send either the log file located at C:/Program Files/Belarc/Advisor/System/tmp OR save to your PC using Web browser menu File > Save Page As and if comfortable, share here as attachment or if not, let me know and I will provide my email.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos
nev
by
New Contributor III
Denise,

I'll see what I can do but being in a tightly controlled IT environment I cant just download and install programs.  Is there any particualr info you are looking for I might be able to provide?

Mick
0 Kudos
nev
by
New Contributor III
Has anyone else installed Mobile v10 (build 2550) alongside ArcGIS 10.1??
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Mick, Having some additional testing done in-house and will let you know our findings as soon as possible. ~Denise
0 Kudos