Select to view content in your preferred language

Duplicate Labels in Mobile Map

04-03-2012 01:04 PM
DavidMarley
Occasional Contributor II
I am doing some testing with the ArcGIS Mobile 10 SDK (Build 2550) and controls. I have a simple custom Windows Forms app with a Mobile Map control. I am using the new MobileCache and MobileServiceConnection, creating the cache from a published Map Service (ArcGISServer 10 SP2). The map service is very simplistic, just for testing, with a single polygon layer. The issue is that the labels aer getting duplicated on the mobile map. The behavior is not consistent - if I zoom in or out, certain polygons will show duplicate labels and others will switch to single labels.

If I preview the map service in ArcCatalog, the labels look fine (each polygon has a single label). I've experimented with the label settings in the MXD the services is based on, to no avail. I've also checked the data to be sure nothing strange is going on there, like duplicate geometries or anything like that.

See image for comparison of service in ArcCatalog and in Mobile map.

Thoughts? Could this be related to the ArcGIS Server and the service? Should I upgrade the server to SP4?

EDIT: Just for comparison purposes, I generated the map cache directly from the MXD using the "Create Mobile Map" Toolbox tool and that cache looks fine (no dup labels). Though this is not what I need ultimately, because I need to work from a published service and synchronize changes via ArcGIS Server. It does indicate the issue lies with the service and ArcGIS Server however, so I'm applying SP4 to my test server now to see if that fixes the issue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13225[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidMarley
Occasional Contributor II
Same result after updating AGS server to SP4.  Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?  Anything I could be doing wrong here?  Kind of seems like a bug to me given that the same cache generated via MXD and Desktop geoprocessing tool results in labels that display correctly.

Esri....?
0 Kudos