Select to view content in your preferred language

Doesn't have Software Development Kit option in my ArcGIS Mobile CD.

01-26-2011 07:15 AM
weiliang
New Contributor II
Hi all,

I am trying to install the ArcGIS mobile SDK on my machine and develop it with my VS2010, but on my ArcGIS Mobile 10 installation process, there is no Development Kit option (please check the attached image). After install all the pieces from this CD, there is no ArcGIS controls in my VS2010 (also no develop kit folder under ArcGIS\Mobile10.0 folder). How can I resolve this and get this SDK installed? Does this mean I must have VS2008 instead of VS2010?

Thanks for your input,

Wei
0 Kudos
6 Replies
EddieJesinsky
New Contributor
Yes, I had to install VS 2008 first before I was able to install the SDK.
0 Kudos
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
That's correct install VS 2008 with SP1. If you had already installed ArcGIS Mobile, you can simply reinstall it and the Tools will appear. This happened to me.
0 Kudos
weiliang
New Contributor II
Thanks for your quick and helpful input, guys. I appreciate it very much.

Wei
0 Kudos
weiliang
New Contributor II
After I installed VS2008 and the ArcGIS Mobile SDK, the "ArcGIS Mobile Controls for Windows" Toolbox shows up on my VS2008, but the VS2010 still doesn't have this toolbar. Since the current VS2008 I have is only a trail version, is there any way that I can manually add this Toolbar into my VS2010?

Thanks,

Wei
0 Kudos
NilsRydh
New Contributor
I've had the same issue with Visual C# Express 2008 SP1.
Is ArcGIS Mobile 10 supposed to work with this edition, or is the full Visual Studio 2008 SP 1 required?
0 Kudos
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
I personally use VS 2008 SP1, I had a the Express version but that expired but I don't recall the Mobile toolkit was ever installed on the Express version.

I highly suggest everyone who is having difficulties, to use VS 2008 SP1.

There is a way to make the Mobile toolkit to work with VS 2010, but I personally didn't even bother with it. It takes more work to do it. Someone here has posted some basic instructions on how to make it work with 2010.

If you are ok with VS 2008, you might as well use it. If there are things in VS 2010 you need, then search the forums for VS 2010 or something like that and hopefully the thread will show up.

If my memory serve me correctly, you will have to manually reference certain files in order for Mobile objects to work. I looked at it, then realised I am not gonna bother with that, I just sticked with VS 2008 and been happy.
0 Kudos