Sharepoint Geotag - how to initialize it?

Jump to solution
05-20-2020 05:27 PM
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

What permission do I need to initialize GeoTag?

This is the error I got after I click on InitiaIize. I am a Site Collection Admin and there isn't much regarding this online -
Configure ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint—ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint | ArcGIS 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello William,

To initialize the Term Set, you must be a term set admin. Please follow the workflow below to complete this:

• Go to Sharepoint homepage. 
  • Click on app launcher - top left of page
  • Admin
  • Under Admin Centers click SharePoint
  • Click term store
  • Add user as a Term Store Administrator
  • Go back to ArcGIS Maps for Sharepoint App Configuration page and initialize the term set (It might take a minute for the ArcGIS Maps Search to be added to the Taxonomy Term Store). 

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello William,

To initialize the Term Set, you must be a term set admin. Please follow the workflow below to complete this:

• Go to Sharepoint homepage. 
  • Click on app launcher - top left of page
  • Admin
  • Under Admin Centers click SharePoint
  • Click term store
  • Add user as a Term Store Administrator
  • Go back to ArcGIS Maps for Sharepoint App Configuration page and initialize the term set (It might take a minute for the ArcGIS Maps Search to be added to the Taxonomy Term Store). 

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Keep on keeping on!
JuliaBalakirova1
New Contributor III

Can you provide screen shots of what the SharePoint admin should be looking at? Mine is really struggling with the "Term Store Admin" part. He claims he gave me everything he can, following ESRI online instructions. yet, i am still unable to geotagg. The last part in your instructions related to "term set" - might not be familiar to a casual user. Again, screen shots are very useful and helping us to see what we should be looking for.

RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hi Julia,

If you have installed the latest version of ArcGIS for Sharepoint (Modern), please follow the steps provided in the below link (also includes screenshots) and let me know if you are still unable to use the geotag/geosearch feature?

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-sharepoint-questions/you-need-authorization-to-access-and-m...

Thanks,

Raaj

0 Kudos