Select to view content in your preferred language

Esri Maps for Office and Portal Configuration

06-13-2014 01:46 PM
RobMiller
Emerging Contributor
Hello,

I have just downloaded Esri Maps for Office to test it out and when I open Excel and click on the Esri Maps tab, I get the following error:

Functionality such as the following will not be available due to the configuration of your Portal for ArcGIS

• Share Map

• Share Layer

• Add Excel Data using the Address Location Type

• Select Features by drawing a rectangle

• Find Near Selection

Currently I have Portal for ArcGIS configured to use Windows Integrated Authentication and I have a federated ArcGIS Server with it.  I cannot determine what about my configuration is causing this issue.  If anybody has any suggestions about what might be the issue I would greatly appreciate your help. 

Thank you,
Rob
10 Replies
ThorbjørnSøndergaard
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I have the exact same issue here. I had an older version of Maps for Office on my old laptop. Working just fine with no such warnings. Lately it has ben reminding me of an update pending, which I´ve ben ignorring since I was about to get a new laptop. Now when I finally got the new PC and installed Maps for Office with the update to latest version it gives me this warning on application startup. I'm connecting to my organization ArcGIS Online account (not an Enterprise Portal) in order to use our own basemaps and address locator.

What I do not understand is why "configuration of Portal " is mentioned when it is ArcGIS Online that I am connected to?(Translation into English) "A functionality such as the following will not be available due to the configuration of your Portal for ArcGIS: - Select objects by drawing a rectangle; -Find near selection"

0 Kudos