Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Sharepoint list with geometry in Esri JSON format

08-08-2022 10:03 AM
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor
1 21 2,929

In the ArcGIS for Sharepoint 2022.2 release, users will also be able to add Sharepoint lists or document libraries containing geometry in Esri JSON format.
What is an Esri JSON format?
Esri-JSON encodes both geometry and feature information into objects. Valid geometry types are points, polylines, polygons, envelopes, and multi-points.
How do I get the data in Esri JSON format?
Let’s say I have an ArcGIS Online feature layer and I want to export the data into a Sharepoint list.
I can set up a flow in Power Automate using Esri’s “Get data from feature layer” connector and export the data to a Sharepoint list.
For the below example, I will create a blank list in Sharepoint with two columns, “Office Name” column which will be populated with the “Office Name” and a second column “Shape” (column type: Multiple lines of text) which will be populated with the geometry in Esri JSON format.

Note: When creating a column in a Sharepoint list to hold the geometry in Esri JSON format, please use “Multiple lines of text” as the column type.

When using the “Get data from feature layer” ArcGIS connector in Power Automate, I can choose feature layers stored in my ArcGIS Online org to extract the geometry in Esri JSON format (choose output format “JSON”) and select “Yes” for the parameter “Return Geometry”. For the feature layer used in the below example, I can see that the geometry has been stored in Esri JSON format from the layer’s metadata. I can now extract the shape field and export it to a Sharepoint list which can be later added to the map web part on a Sharepoint page.
The below screen recording shows step-by-step how to set up the Power Automate flow and export the geometry in Esri JSON format to a Sharepoint list.

21 Comments