Does ArcGIS Maps for Power BI dynamically update with real-time data?

04-18-2020 02:25 PM
MichaelHorii
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, does ArcGIS Maps for Power BI support dynamic data updates? I know that location data from a Power BI dataset can be visualized on an ArcGIS map, but if that dataset is changing in real-time, does the visualization update itself as the real-time data changes? 

Ultimately, I'd like to have a Power BI dashboard with ArcGIS Maps ingesting real-time ArcGIS data. My understanding is that this capability is currently not available, based on correspondence with Esri Support. However, using Power BI's real-time data streaming support (e.g., Real-time streaming in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs), there are ways to push real-time data into a dataset. If I were to push ArcGIS data into a dataset that's linked to ArcGIS Maps for Power BI, would those dynamic data updates be reflected in the visualization?

1 Reply
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Michael,

ArcGIS for PowerBI does not currently update the map in real time. It will display a snapshot of the data as it was during the configuration of the application. Even those that have push to update set up would not be reflected within the visual.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos