Create a bubble map from a joined reference layer?

04-07-2021 03:09 PM
JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor

I have been successful in adding a reference layer for some points of interests that I have.  I have also been able to join the map data with the data in Power Bi.  This works well, even though you have to have to "layer join" window open for the join to have any affect on the map.  Hopefully that will go away some day.

My question is, is there a way to create a bubble map to be sized based on the number of matching joins?  Or a heat map, or any other way to have the symbology to be based on the data?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jayson!

Unfortunately No, this is not possible right now but styles driven by the data in Power BI, but joined to features on the map. Workarounds to this would be to bind the XY fields to your data before you bring it into Power BI. This way we can leverage different rollups within PBI to accomplish this. 

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos
JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor

My ultimate goal is to have a map that uses my location layer, either point or polygon.  Is it best to do my before mentioned joining method through the reference layer, or is there a better way?  Are you suggesting a cross-reference table with my location name and the XY information?  With that I can then use the Power BI maps for things like bubble maps?

0 Kudos