When will extended token be implemented?

Jump to solution
12-28-2022 08:50 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - 

I know Esri has been working with Microsoft to extend the token life from 14 to 90 days with the ArcGIS connector. When will that be implemented? I'd thought it was included in the December release, but am finding I still need to refresh tokens every 14 days. I may have misinterpreted what I read. 

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Erica
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

After a very long publication freeze on Microsoft's side, we got notice yesterday that the certification has been completed and it will be included in their next deploy package. This means it should be moved out of Preview into General Availability in the next three to four weeks and then promoted to GCC in four to six weeks after that.

-sean
Sean McGinnis - ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 Product Manager

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I came looking for the same information, hoping there's an update on this soon.

0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

After a very long publication freeze on Microsoft's side, we got notice yesterday that the certification has been completed and it will be included in their next deploy package. This means it should be moved out of Preview into General Availability in the next three to four weeks and then promoted to GCC in four to six weeks after that.

-sean
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Is this a 90 day timeout as Erica mentioned or removing the timeout all together like the Survey123 connector?

0 Kudos
erica_poisson

@SeanKMcGinnis  - thank you!

Will there be any sort of announcement made when this is available in GCC? Also, will any change be necessary to existing flows for this to take effect?

Thank you!

Erica
0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

@RobertAnderson3  - It will be a 90 day timeout because of a difference in authentication. Here is a post that details the difference between the two authentication methods and why it is occurring.

-sean
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply and the additional info!

SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

Good day all - I wanted to share an update in regards to the 90 token expiration. The ArcGIS Connector for Power Automate has been deployed to many different regions. As of this morning, the last two regions for it to be deployed are the US and UK. I will update the thread when I get notice.

-sean
0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

I have not gotten the notification from Microsoft that the connector has been deployed to the US and UK regions, I did just check Power Automate (in the public cloud) and the new capabilities are in there. I will continue following up with them to get an update as to when it hits the GCC tenants.

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 4.56.59 PM.png

-sean
0 Kudos
erica_poisson

Hi @SeanKMcGinnis  - any update on the ETA for this in US GCC? 

Erica
0 Kudos